VMware Horizon Community
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

Thinapp compatibility with XP and Win7

I recently Thinapp an application (iStream) that needs to be available on both XP and Win7 platforms.  I followed all the best practices for creating a Thinapp on a base XP machine.  Using 4.7.3

The app runs perfectly in XP, but there is one component in Win7 that does not function.  It's not the function that I would have anticipated.

The iStream app has a tool called InfoConnector.  When this app is launched, it looks for a configuration file in

c:\program files\oracle\istream\components\shared\local.idb

My Thinapp has the file in the correct location within the project %ProgramFilesDir%\oracle\istream\components\shared\local.idb. Isolation mode set to Full (also tried WriteCopy)

When I run the InfoConnector on Win7, it cannot find  the above referenced file. It appears like it's trying to resolve to c:\program files (x86)\.......

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This sounds more like a 32-bit vs 64-bit OS issue. Can you please try capture the application on Windows XP but when the application is being installed into a folder in the root of the c-drive. This will guarantee a static path and the issue with changing Program Files is no more.

0 Kudos
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I will try that.

0 Kudos
Ziegenfus
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently out of the office. I have limited email access and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Stephen Ziegenfus

[[image]]

Stephen Ziegenfus, Systems Administrator, Balch & Bingham LLP

1901 Sixth Avenue North • Suite 1500 • Birmingham, AL 35203-4642

t: (205) 488-5401 f: (205) 488-5834 e: sziegenfus@balch.com

www.balch.com<http://www.balch.com/

0 Kudos