VMware Horizon Community
BGoerstner
Contributor
Contributor

Thinapp Visio 2013 / Project 2013

Hello,

Have somebody already expeariences with thinapping Visio 2013 and Project 2013 with Office 2013 nativly installed?

I tried it but im getting an error message during startup of the packet application.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
oliAH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I didn't try it personnaly but it shouldn't differ that much from the 2010 version.

Have you tried virtualizing Visio/Project 2013 following these steps?

http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2013/02/thinapp-microsoft-visio-and-project-2010-while-locally-insta...

Blog: http://oliah.net >> Twitter: @olivier_ahson
0 Kudos
Apollo777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I thinapped Visio 2013 using instruction above. Everything fine with Windows 7 (x32 and x64).

But on Windows Server 2012 results in an error regarding the licensing service.

May be is there way to thinapp Office (Visio or Project) 2013 for Windows Server 2012?

error.PNG

0 Kudos
JoaoMaia
Contributor
Contributor

Here, we are having the same problem!

We tried 2010 and 2013 versions and the error messege are the same!

We tried to do all sugestions put here (community) and doesn't work.

0 Kudos
JMac201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone managed to resolve this?

I have tried the same steps I used previously to successfully package Visio 2010 and Project 2010 (both Standard and Professional versions) with natively installed Office 2010.

I also tried the recipe here: IT ExpertZ: ThinApp Project 2013 & Visio 2013

I haven't been able to find anything useful in Procmon as yet.

I will give Log Monitor another blast, but if anyone has a solution it would save me a lot of time.

Cheers,

Johnny

0 Kudos
Sam239
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did you ever find a fix ? im having the same issue now

Sam

0 Kudos
dankwax
Contributor
Contributor

Try this - If using KMS, add the Visio 2013 or Project 2013 KMS client key in the config.xml. Remember to add the actual Visio 2013 or Project 2013 product license key to KMS server for the product to activate successfully upon launch.

If using MAK, add the MAK license in the config.xml

Try attached document and let me know if it works for ya!

0 Kudos
Sam239
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Apollo777

Ive sorted my issues with the thin app and generating licence issues. It was due to a mismatch in file versions in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform folder on the base image and equivilent in the thinapps(Visio and project were newer).

To capture visio/project I used a Win 7 64 Bit VM without office installed.

I  copied the media to the vm added my KMS details as per dankwax instructions and then did the pre scan.

I installed the app and then opened the registry.

I then found the below key and set it to 10 as the errors I was originally getting in my VDI Event log pointed to this when googled

The Office Software Protection Platform service also known as OSPPSVC.EXE is generally started on demand when a user has started Office and does not automatically shut down the service by default. You can set the following registry key and apply a timeout to solve that issue:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

ValueName: InactivityShutdownDelay

ValueType: DWORD

ValueData: The number in seconds, that the Office Software Protection Platform will stay running for, after the most recent activity. The windows default for this is 300 seconds.

After setting this key, simply restart the Office Software Protection Platform Service to use the new settings.

Once the key was entered I opened the app and made sure it was licenced.

I then did the post scan and build. Once complete

I then started up my Base image and went to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform folder

I then went into %ProgramFilesDir(x64)%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform in my Project 2013 build folder and found these files are newer then the ones on the base image.

I copied the newer files to the base image and also checked visio so all files were the same.

I shut down my base image and snapshotted it

I then recomposed my pool using the new base image and the licencing issue disappeared!

0 Kudos