VMware Horizon Community
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApping Sage Fixed Assets FAS 100

I am trying to ThinApp Sage Fixed Assets FAS 100 - after the postscan, I run the ThinApped application, it tried to launch but then errors out with:

dw.png

I tried installing this prior to ThinApping and it wont install unless it is being pulled from the same network that the DB is on. It installs fine alone, but when I ThinApp it, I get multiple error (shown above) - it is trying to register the DLLs but that was done during the install. HELP!! This is being done on a clean VM.

0 Kudos
46 Replies
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

Haha : ) Of course the Windows 7 log is too large for Notepad - I selected Word Pad instead and it is too slow to even scroll through, gets stuck,,,

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Generally logs are very large and comparing logs can be very time comsuming affair many times. I think this issue seems to be complicated as there are too many errors in the log file, I would recommend contacting VMware support, once you contact VMware support they would file an internal ticket for ThinApp engineering to look at in a dedicated way.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. I have exhausted a lot of efforts. My eyes are crossed from looking at these logs : ) I will submit a ticket and post any info from VMware. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

I have made progress.. Waiting to hear back from VMWare support, but continued to troubleshoot..

Windows Installer is set to Manual under Services.msc, when I go in and Start the service and then run the ThinApped Application, it works!

Now, why wont it start on its own and any ideas how to embed this into the package so that users dont have to manually start the service before running the ThinApped application??

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

Well I should rephrase that.. It is set to Manual on Windows 7 and it works fine. On Windows 2008 R2, it is set to Manual and wont run unless it the service is manually set to Start. He could set his 2008 R2 to Automatic and it would work, but what I am asking is how could I automate this process so they dont have to alter their settings..

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

This is weird and I think you should open ticket to let engineers to have a look at it.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can try writing a vbscript which can check the platform first, if it's server 2008 R2, then it launches the service, use the OnFirstSandboxOwner callback, you can get more info/samples from the ThinApp user manual.

Thanks.

0 Kudos