VMware Horizon Community
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApping Sage Fixed Assets FAS 100

I am trying to ThinApp Sage Fixed Assets FAS 100 - after the postscan, I run the ThinApped application, it tried to launch but then errors out with:

dw.png

I tried installing this prior to ThinApping and it wont install unless it is being pulled from the same network that the DB is on. It installs fine alone, but when I ThinApp it, I get multiple error (shown above) - it is trying to register the DLLs but that was done during the install. HELP!! This is being done on a clean VM.

0 Kudos
46 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That is very strange. Lets try again by following the steps below:

1. Clean the sandbox. (it should be in %appdata%\Thinstall folder)

2. Launch Log Monitor. Make sure that "suspend" check box is unchecked.

3. Now, launch the Sage application entry point.

4. This should lead to Log Monitor start recording a file for the Sage app, and subsequently when msiexec process is launched then a file for that should be created too.

5. Eventually you should see the error message pop up for error 1719.

6. Once the application exits you should have at least two log files.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

That worked. I am attaching the log files it creates.

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

Attaching the Log Files.. Please let me know if anything stands out.. I am looking too. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It's better that we have logs now. Can you please also attach the log file for SBDesktop.exe?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

ok..

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think theSBDDesktop log file is not complete a lot of log lines are missing in it (from 89 to 1067482), can you please re-upload it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

: ) It was too large to upload so I removed lines I thought werent needed...

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can zip it and then upload. Text files zip very well generally, so size should get reduced a lot I think.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

You are so funny. You removed lines from log files :smileygrin:

Please, zip it and upload it so we can have a look into it t help you.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

I know I know... : ) Getting frustrated here, and doing crazy things lol. I think I may have gotten it to ThinApp on a Windows 7 machine.. will post the other log soon.. Thanks ALL!!!!!

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Looking forward for your logs. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

Ok - I tried ThinApping it on a Windows 7 machine and here is the error log - runs fine on Win 7 but when ran on 2008 R2, it takes awhile, about an hour before it errors out. Usually it errors within 5-10 minutes.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

It was really little work to find out what is going on, but I found following problem in log file:

619932 0bd8 0bf0 msi.dll     :70b3887d->kernel32.dll:756c4913 LoadLibraryW+ (LPCWSTR lpLibFileName=*AA4F438h->L"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL")
619933 0000 0bf0                                              *** SXS: RtlFindActivationContextSectionString failed for C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL, status=0xc0150008, gle:0x0
619934 0000 0bf0                                              *** SXS: RtlFindActivationContextSectionString failed for C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL, status=0xc0150008, gle:0x0
619935 0000 0bf0                                              NtQueryAttributesFile* objAttr=AA4EAFCh (root=0h sd=0h qos=0h attr=(40h OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE) name=AA4EBE8h (2D0FF0h/64 "\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL"))-> st=C0000034h ***NG [LOCATOR: "\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL"][Package: "%SystemSystem%\SAGE.DLL": 2:LNameNotFound][Sandbox: "%SystemSystem%\SAGE.DLL": 2:LNameNotFound][No metadata][No physical file found: C0000034h]
619936 0000 0bf0                                              chained_common_LoadLibraryEx 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL' flags=0 -> 0 (failed ***, gle:0x7e)
620042 0000 0bf0                                              chained_common_LoadLibraryEx 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL' flags=0 -> 0 (failed ***, gle:0x7e)
620148 0bd8 0bf0 msi.dll     :70b3887d<-kernel32.dll:756c4913 *** LoadLibraryW+ ->*=*0h<null pointer> <bad ptr> (LPCWSTR lpLibFileName=*AA4F438h->L"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SAGE.DLL") *** GetLastError() returns 126=0x7e [0]: The specified module could not be found.

IMHO there is problem with this SAGE.DLL. Look in project directory if you have this file in there. If no, then we have a problem/solution.

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

No that .dll is not present. It is not present when I install the application (not thinapping) either.. But the program still works.

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

Any other feedback? I am sorting through the logs and there are many .dll's with the same error as the above... I can find those files when it is installed without ThinApp. Should I copy all of them into the %system%%system% folder before building..

Will upload the log file I dissected showing all the "failed" DLLs.

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

I have chopped this log up pretty good.. So what does this mean that I have to add all of these .DLLs to that folder? and in the Package.ini file?

Why did I recieve specific .DLL errors before but not this time.. if error 1719 means these DLLs are missing/not registered, why did it give a different error....

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

From looking at your earlier SBDDesktop log file it seems like you are running your application on 64 bit machine. Have you tried this on a 32 bit machine? Do you experience same kind of msiexec launch on 32 bit too?

Since you are running a 32 bit app on 64 bit OS, I would recommend uncommenting the ";Wow64=0" in package.ini file and rebuild. Look at this KB article for Wow64 ThinApp setting (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102131...).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, It ThinApps and runs just fine on a Windows 7 32 bit machine.

I can thinapp it on 2008 R2 or Windows 7 and it runs just fine on WINDOWS 7 only - never works when trying to run the ThinApp on 2008 R2.

It installs natively with no problem on 2008 R2.

I have tried enabling the WOW64=0 line in the Package.ini (it still didnt work) along with adding the DLLs (ExternalDLLs=Sage.Common.dll;Sage.Common.Amendability.dll;Sage.Common.Controls.dll;Sage.Common.Design.dll;Sage.Common.Integration.dll;Sage.Common.Interop.dll;Sage.Common.Printing.dll;Sage.Common.ScriptEngine.dll;Sage.Common.UI.dll;BouncyCastle.Crypto.dll;ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll;msvbvm60.dll;olepro32.dll) - because before the 1719 Error, it gave DLL error..

In the last log I uploaded, it is listing additional dlls as failing.. Im wondering do I need to add those in the package.ini ?? I am struggling with getting this to work... Lol. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
DanielleW
Contributor
Contributor

I have also tried this in conjunction with enabling wow64=0 and adding the dll's in the package.ini...

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103912...

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Danielle,

I am sorry for all the frustration that is being caused to you.

So, as I understand application runs fine on Win7 32 and 64 bit, but not on 2008 R2, right?

The errors that you are pointing too are defintiely relevant but I don't think adding those dlls to ExternalDLLs is the solution here.

There are several FormatMessageW calls poiting to erroneous situations like the one below:

FormatMessageW FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_HMODULE line_width=unlimited lpSource=0x70b20002, dwMessageId=0x3ec, dwLanguageId=0x409

-> 0xd0 (Detection of product '{06451064-59B6-4578-B5A4-C0A880C66D28}', feature 'AppFiles', component '{BF4D7A70-D89D-11D1-A17D-00A0C90AB50F}' failed.  The resource 'C:\Windows\system32\msvbvm60.dll' does not exist.
                                                              )

This kind fo stuff does sometime lead to msiexec launch as application doesn't find some component.

Since there are too many variables here, I think one way to move forward is to compare the log files of successful execution on Win7 with unsuccessful one on 2008 R2, by doing that we might get an idea about where did the things go wrong when running 2008 R2.

Thanks.

0 Kudos