inszektoid
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApp licensing - how it works

Hi ThinApp fellows!

How can I control the use of the ThinApped application? I can't find any documents/ howtos the method whoch controls the number of the access to the virtualized application. The license number I buy has builted in the ThinApped application.

For example: I bought 20 user license, and I deployed the application to 20 client computers. If somebody want to start it from the network share, who isn't member of the allowed user group, the ThinApp doesn't let to start the app?

If I missed the document, which discribes this, please show me the link to it.

regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
snantel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think licences are honor base for now.

If you want to prevent unauthorise people to use the application, before compiling your application, modify the package.ini file

uncomment the line

;PermittedGroups=Administrators;Remote Desktop Users

Create an Active Directory Group for your application.

And add the group to your package.ini

This will prevent unauthorize people from running your applications.

If you want to track the licencing usage of your application, you can create a vbscript that can add an increment line in a file from your shared folder where your application are. (you add the script to the root folder and compile it with the application, so everytime you start the application the script will run and add a line in your tracking licence file. But I didn't play with this yet. I'm still running a 60 days evaluation.

What's good with ThinApp is that you can do everything, you just need to be creative !

You will find all the information you need in the online documentation I use all the time... http://pubs.vmware.com/thinapp4/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

inszektoid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve

Before the question I read all the documents - I think Smiley Happy - on the VMware ThinApp site, and finally I figured out the the same state, you write to me. Thanks for helping me.

regards

0 Kudos