Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ThinApp for local mode users

Hi

there is two type for execution mode of ThinAPP

1- Streaming

&

2- Deployed mode

VMware says" Deployed Execu tion mode distributes the virtualized application packages to the end user’s system, on the local f ile system or on a USB device. In this distributed model, each client device receives and executes the package locally and therefore can run the application

regardless of network connectivity. End-user devices that are occasionally or always off line require deployed ex ecution mode."

local mode doesn't support ThinApp, since deployed mode can be live even if network down, can we use it with local mode or what?

vSolid

BR

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I mean you can install the ThinApp MSI directly. No third party tools required to do so.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

ThinApp deployment is not supported for Local Mode desktop/pool that are checkout.

You can use other ThinApp deployment methods like MSI or ThinReg to deploy ThinApp to local mode desktop (outside View).

0 Kudos
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can use other ThinApp deployment methods like MSI or ThinReg to deploy ThinApp to local mode desktop (outside View).

I'm sorry, you said outsaud view, is that mean a third part tools??

or I just need to install application locally with VDT since ThinApp is not support local mode!

vSolid

BR

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I mean you can install the ThinApp MSI directly. No third party tools required to do so.

0 Kudos