I'm trying to configure my ThinApp in the View Administrator and I'm getting "Failed to access the network path".
- I have set_up a network share folder in the same Security Server. I can access the shared folder from any place from my networ.
- I have set the permission to for everyone with read and write.
- I have set the post scan to generate an MSI file and I modified the MSIstream.ini for the Stream name to equal 1 instade of 0.
- I'm using View 5,1
What kind of share is it? SMB? CIFS? NFS?
You should note that ThinApp does not support repositories on CIFS shares. See KB1035094.
Even though you set the Read right to 'Everyone' at the Share level, you should check at the NTFS level. As a test you can give the Read to 'Everyone' at the NTFS level but the Read permission for the View computer object should be more than enough.
If this still doesn't work, can you try typing the path with the IP address of the server instead of the DNS name.
- I was aware about the CIFS from the bigining that is why I did my Network Share Folder in NFS.
- I tried with the IP address but did not work, infact there is a note to not use the IP only the FQDN which I used and it did not work.
So your share is a Windows Fileserver? If not please try that.
Also, make sure your View Services are started using an account that can access the network. Sometimes I've seen a local only accounts being used, these cannot access the network.
Yes, I'm using a file server where also ran my ThinApp software and did my scanning..
- I got over the recognition of the share drive by coping the sandbox in a share folder in the connection server.
- In the View administrator after it recognize the share folder and the msi files but still it failed to scan the files.
- Error message: Scanning completed. 0 ThinApps added.
I progress one step from the initial position but still did not work. Still need help.