VMware Horizon Community
JPo1215
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApp QuickBooks help!!

Has anyone been able to successfully ThinApp QuickBooks (particularly 2010-2012 versions)?

No what matter what i do, I get the same issue(screenshot attached). On every dialog box, the buttons only show the first letter of whatever is supposed to say. For example, if it should say 'Save' and 'Close', it will only show 'S' and 'C'.

Other than that, the program works great. All other text shows up correctly. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I tried to thinapp the trial version of the Quickbooks 2012 using thinapp 4.7.2 version 771812.

Prerequisities
The Quickbooks 2012 needs .NET 4.

I did make a combined thinapp package of .NET 4 and Quickbooks 2012 on a clean Windows XP Sp3 machine.

I copied the bin directory over to the deployment machines

a windows 7 32 bit with .NET 4 natively installed

and

a Windows XP 32 bit machine without .NET 4.

I thinreged the exes of the thinapped applications of Quickbooks 2012 on these machines.

Then I ran Intuit Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions - Professional Services Edition 12.0.exe.

On both the runtime machines Quickbooks launched without issues without any syptoms like as mentioned.

Please refer the pics

GURU

Views expressed in here are my own.
0 Kudos
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I had seen a similar issue when I had captured Quickbooks 2009 alone(Without .NET 3.5). It used to work fine when run on a machine where .NET 3.5 was natively installed but on a machine which had .NET 4.0 installed natively had seen the issue similat to the one that you mentioned.

GURU

0 Kudos
geovizy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JPo1215, I am having the same issue with the only first letters  showing on the buttons etc. Also, it takes about 65 seconds to load QB2012. Other apps are working good. Have you made any progress?

0 Kudos
kmgp
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

An internal tracking issue has been logged for this behavior of  single letter captions on Graphical User Interfaces.

Thanks

GURU

0 Kudos
JPo1215
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I had to put our ThinApp project on hold for a while and wasn't able to work on this more. But just recently. I have tried packaging this program on an XP SP3 machine (originally used Win 7) both with and without .NET and still have the same issue. But according to kmgp, looks like this is now a known issue and hopefully we make some headway soon.

0 Kudos
RCW420
Contributor
Contributor

Any solution to this issue yet?

0 Kudos
Ziegenfus
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently out of the office. I have limited email access and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Stephen Ziegenfus

[[image]]

Stephen Ziegenfus, Systems Administrator, Balch & Bingham LLP

1901 Sixth Avenue North • Suite 1500 • Birmingham, AL 35203-4642

t: (205) 488-5401 f: (205) 488-5834 e: sziegenfus@balch.com

www.balch.com<http://www.balch.com/

0 Kudos
m_grewnow
Contributor
Contributor

JPo1215,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.  Did you ever have any luck getting everything to show?

0 Kudos
mwynne
Contributor
Contributor

Another Ping on this. Anyone get any answers? I'm running into the same issue...

Thanks

0 Kudos
MichaelSzabo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue using ThinApp 4.7.3 build 891762.  Any update on the ETA for the fix?

0 Kudos
JPo1215
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry guys, nothing yet.

0 Kudos