VMware Horizon Community
__chris__1
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApp Outlook 2007 with physical installed Outlook 2003

Hello,

I have an issue running a Outlook 2007 as ThinApp on a system with physically installed Outlook 2003. If I have Office 2003 already running and execute the ThinApp Outlook 2007, it will open Outlook 2003 in a new window. If I have the ThinApp running and start Outlook 2003, the Outlook 2007 window will be activated (no Outlook 2003 starts).

I have isolated the Outlook 2007 ThinApp as good as possible and set IgnoreDDEMessages=1. As suggested in a vmware blog entry it is necessary to use a command line switch with Outlook 2007 to run a new instance of it. The only thing I found is to start outlook.exe without the " /recycle" switch. But it opens a new instance of the outlook version, which is already running and not multiple versions as necessary.

Finally we need to start the ThinApp Outlokk 2007 while physically Outlook 2003 is running. The user should work wih both applications simultaneously, but different profiles on different servers.http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/simultaneously.html

Do you have any suggestions about that? Any help would be appreciated...

0 Kudos
0 Replies