VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

ThinApp IE6 with Java and Applink to ThinApp Excel 2003 cannot "save as" spreadsheet to "My Desktop"?

IHAC use IE6 with java v1.5 to get data from backend database and show data on IE6, then user can right click to export this spreadsheet to Excel 2003. And then they can only use Excel 2003 to "save as" this spreadsheet to user's "My Desktop".

Now they'd like to use ThinApp to package this IE6 with Java and Excel 2003 for their Windows 7 desktop within Office 2010. After we ThinApp IE6 with Java and Applink to ThinApp Excel 2003. VirtIE6 can get data from backend database and show data on. User can also export their spreadsheet to ThinApp Excel 2003, not Office 2010.

But when they use ThinApp Excel 2003 to "save as" their spreadsheet, the user click "my desktop" or "pull-down the directory". The ThinApp VirtIE6 and ThinApp Excel 2003 will be always crashed. And the standalone ThinApp Excel 2003 (not execute thru VirtIE6) can "save as" any spreadsheet to user's "My Desktop". That's weird.

Does anyone meet this error situation?

Please kindly guide me how to solve this issue.  

Deeply appreciated for any suggestions in advance.

Thanks a lot.

Weir

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

>>But when they use ThinApp Excel 2003 to "save as" their spreadsheet, the user click "my desktop" or "pull-down the directory". The ThinApp VirtIE6 and >>ThinApp Excel 2003 will be always crashed. And the standalone ThinApp Excel 2003 (not execute thru VirtIE6) can "save as" any spreadsheet to user's >>"My Desktop".

Can you please generate log files using Log Monitor utility and upload them for me to take a look?

1. Launch Log Monitor before reproducing the issue, check the suspend button.

2. Then launch IE6 and follow your steps.

3. Once you are about to do the Save As, un-suspend Log Monitor first and then do the save as.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Weir

I think the max. size that it allowed is 49 MB.

On the Log Monitor UI, did you check the suspend check box in the beginning before launching your application, and un-check it just before clicking on "my desktop" or "pull-down the directory" (i.e. just before the step that leads to crash)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
tunemicky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All.

I'll fixed this issue.

steps:

1.Edit  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.txt

2.paste under 7 lines.

deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}

deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}

deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B4FB3F98-C1EA-428d-A78A-D1F5659CBA93}

deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}

isolation_writecopy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Value=NoNetHood

REG_DWORD=#01#00#00#00

3.Save  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.txt

4.Rebuild (build.bat)

5.finish

b/r

@tunemicky

0 Kudos