VMware Horizon Community
mz6569
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApp: Firefox 17ESR w/Flash plug in

All,

I'm running into some trouble when ThinApp'ing(4.7.3)  FireFox17Esr with flash player plug-in (v11.7) (aquired by going to Youtube, installing using the Firefox plug-in prompt). Full Write Isolation selection and .dat entry point.

BnC system: Fresh install of Win7x86 Enterprise. Win 7 security updates, no .NET installs or VMtools.

Flash video works fine between the pre-scan/post-scan step. When using the ThinApp Firefox the flash video frame loads black window and does not contitunue further. The Flash player 'loading pin wheel' show with no movement when hovering over the flash frame.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-M

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
seacliff1
Contributor
Contributor

Try installing the full offline Adobe flash plugin right after installing firefox (in the same package). Flash does work fine for me when doing so.

Take note that I am using Firefox10esr.

0 Kudos
mz6569
Contributor
Contributor

In case anyone else runs into this. Here is the steps needed to address the problem.

After installing the flash plugin:

Disable Hardware Acceleration:

Open a flash video > Right click video > Settings > Uncheck 'Enable Hardware Acceleration'

Disable protected mode:

Edit the file found at: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg

-> Add [ProtectedMode=0]  (without brackets).

Oizo
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Regarding the Hardware Acceleration, this depends on the deployment platform... (View platform without HW Acc, or a physical machine with HW Acc)

This is what we indicate in that KB, especially the mms.cfg config :http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2037251

0 Kudos