VMware Horizon Community
wframe
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApp Citrix Presentation Server

Greetings,

We currently deploy Citrix Receiver Updater 3.1 across the enterprise, including Online Plug-in 13.1.  A small subset of users also require access to third parties that require older versions of Citrix.  I am having a trouble getting a ThinApp to work.

Example:  I have IE6 ThinApped, AppLinked to an older version of Citrix.  First, I had to associate files - FileTypes=.ica.  Then I had to set isolation mode to merged to let the ica file be written to a certain directory.  I can then open the ica file with the ThinApp.... But only on a system that does not already have Citrix installed.  If Citrix is already installed, it takes precedence and opens the ICA.  I tried disabling the wfica.ocx in the IE ThinApp, still no luck.

Has anyone successfully thinapped Citrix?  What product/version did you ThinApp?

Regards,

CM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Have you tried registering the ThinApp'd Citix?

When you register a ThinApp, the file associations of the ThinApp will get precedence than the locally installed native application.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Since Citrix do not allow multiple instances of it self running at the same time did I sort of make this work using a vb-script in my packaged Citrix client killing any running wfcrun32.exe processes.

This will allow the ThinApped client to launch but it is not a bullt proof method. You cannot launch the native Citrix client while the ThinApped is running..

Anyone knows a switch to tell Citrix to allow multiple instances of it self? I've been searching for one for years..

The problem is discussed in general terms in this blog post: http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2009/12/multiple-instances-of-an-application.html

0 Kudos