VMware Horizon Community
FrancisBeland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Taskbar Icon problem with Google Chrome 32

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem when I try to thinapp Google Chrome 32. I did the capture with WinXP using Thinapp 5.0. The application is working very well but I only have one problem. The Chrome taskbar icon in Windows 7 is not working. Instead, I see the icon included in the screenshot. If Chrome is locally installed on the machine, it works. I tried to capture on a Win7 32 and 64 bits and it gives the same problem. Does anyone had the same problem and found a solution?

Thank you

Francis

Screenshot.jpg

46 Replies
DarrenJHron
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I went to the adobe test flash page and to youtube (any video)  Both cases it would say that flash was not installed (this is in regards to  a thinapp that did not have an external flash player applinked to it).  Providing more details to the problem would be a repeat of the issues discussed already (Response #16 in this very thread).

If I disable pepperflash an applink to an adobeflash things seem to work.

The relevant part here is that this icon issue popped up about the same time that I had to start disabling pepperflash

This was using ThinApp 5.

Perhaps it was related to it moving.  I saw the Pepperflash folder in my capture, but didnt dig in to see it is empty.  Perhaps it is a temp (sandbox?) location that breaks pepper flash it thinapp.  It was a wild conjecture that I noticed this icon problem is in a similar location to where pepperflash was one.....

0 Kudos
Ryan_Veino
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Any updates on on this particular issue?

I tried doing the new Default folder with just the preferences file inside to maintain the flash (plugin) settings as well the icon, but no luck.

0 Kudos
Ryan_Veino
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok, after pulling my hair out on this one, I finally got it, hope it saves someone else the frustration.

pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Nice write up! Thanks for sharing..

0 Kudos
iarno
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, even after applying the solution, or the solution explained by Ryan_Veino in his Word document, I can't get Chrome icon to display on taskbar while running.

%Local AppData%\Google\##Attributes.ini is defined like this :

[Isolation]

DirectoryIsolationMode=Merged

What am I doing wrong ?

0 Kudos
Ryan_Veino
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The key is that Chrome.exe must never launch when you are in the "Install Now" phase.

This keeps the first run flag at 0, so when the package is completed and opened but the end user, the preference file is generated/populated in the users profile with the right settings along with the .ico file.

The packaging machine must be clean as well (chrome never previously installed or run).

0 Kudos
iarno
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer. I made the mistake of opening and configuring Chrome, to avoid creating a master_preferences file.
I guess that I have to recapture Chrome now Smiley Happy

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos