VMware Horizon Community
FelipeGarcia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sbmerge Apply and deleted files

Hi,

This is rather a question out of curiosity, because I know that the fact is that if you merge sandbox changes wherein files have been deleted employing "Sbmerge Apply", the deleted files are not removed from the project. Is there a reason behind justifying that the files marked as deleted are kept in the project instead of identifying them and removing them?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Felipe

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There are two issues as I see last in deleting files and applying SBMerge.

I have fixed one and this should be available in next release, we'll be fixing next soon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This looks like a bug to me.

When I try -Print option of Sbmerge I can see that the path which follows right after RemoveDir is INCORRECT, in my case I have deleted a file at c:\windows\system32 and the path it displays is c:\MyProjectLocation%systemsystem% (NOTICE the missing slash before %systemsystem%, which is why it is not able to delete this file.

Do you see same.

doofkopf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, that a Bug.

VMWARE will Fix this in the new Version as far as i know ...

shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There are two issues as I see last in deleting files and applying SBMerge.

I have fixed one and this should be available in next release, we'll be fixing next soon.

0 Kudos
stinklyonion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

that is good to hear. a lot of us encounter such bug everytime SBmerge is being applied and in our deleted files. i hope it will be fixed as soon as the new release came up.http://posting.info.tm/wink.gif

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Good to know this will be resolved in the next release.

0 Kudos