VMware Horizon Community
selkov
Contributor
Contributor

Sandbox - Did I misunderstand?

I tried to create a Port app that would not leave any info onthe host pc.

I sucseeded in having it not wright to the registry but it did place a folder on the dsesktop.

What settings should I have used to have no traces left anywhere onthe pc?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

What is the folder created on the desktop? Sandbox?

You can remove the sandbox when you exit the ThinApp by uncommenting the line RemoveSandboxOnExit=1 in package.ini and rebuild it.
Please check this link for more details:
0 Kudos
selkov
Contributor
Contributor

The folder it creates is named exactly the same as the package.

How do I rebuild the package? Need I start from the beginning?

0 Kudos
selkov
Contributor
Contributor

I started from scratch, just to see if it worked. And it did, kinda.

The folder that was created remained but all of the files inside were deleted.

How do i delete the fodler too?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can't.. RemoveSandboxOnExit will delete the Sandbox content but leave the folder behind..

0 Kudos
selkov
Contributor
Contributor

how then do I create a port app that will leave no trace of itself on the host pc?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How will you access to the packaged application? If you have the application on a USB drive can you place the Sandbox there. The Sandbox can be placed anywhere as long as the end-user has modify permissions to it.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Also, you can keep the sandbox on a network share so that the ThinApp does not leave any traces on the end user machines.

0 Kudos
selkov
Contributor
Contributor

Actually my intention is to run the app from the usb so I gues if I have to leave a trace, doing so on the usb is the less of two evils.

So how do I place it on the usb?

Actually when creating the package I see 3-4 settings. I am bot yet familiar with how they effect the out come. Which ones would I choose if what I wanted was to have a port app run from a usb, have access to everything on the host pc, and leave no trace of itself on the host pc?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can have the Sandbox being placed next to the package on the USB in one of two ways.

1. Add SandboxPath=. to you package.ini and rebuild

2. Create a empty folder called Thinstall next to your package. This will tell our runtime to store the sandbox in that folder.

0 Kudos
selkov
Contributor
Contributor

"1. Add SandboxPath=. to you package.ini and rebuild"

This I think is what i would like.

How do I edit and REBUILD?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Editing is done in the package.ini file you find in the root of your proejct folder. Rebuild is done by double cliking the build.bat also found in the root of the package.ini..

0 Kudos