VMware Horizon Community
doofkopf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SAP7.20 Windows 2000

Hello,

SAP 7.20 is ordinary not Supported for Windows 2000. Has anyone tried to Virtualize this on a Windows 2000 Platform?

I have tried this and get an error:

Missing Import C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll->Kernel32.dll:EncounterPointer

Any ideas?

.Net and c++ is in the Package. On windows XP the same Package runs without Problems.

THX

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert

Is this a fresh installation? or P2V conversion?

VCP-DCV, VCP-DT, VCAP-DCD, VSP, VTSP
0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

On what OS have you captured SAP? XP or 2000?

Copy the missing dll (MSVCR100.dll) to the ThinApp project folder %SystemSystem% and test the ThinApp after rebuilding by running build.bat

0 Kudos
sba12345
Contributor
Contributor

Tak for din henvendelse. Jeg er ikke på kontoret før mandag d. 13.02.2012.

Henvendelse vedrørende fejlmeldinger af IT - kan rettes til IT-Centret servicedesk http://servicedesk - Tlf.: 4477 2671

Venlig hilsen/Best regards

Sebastian Larsen - IT Kooridinator

IT-Centret - It og Digitalisering

Ballerup Kommune

Mail: sba@balk.dk

Tlf: 4477 2642

0 Kudos
doofkopf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Capture OS was Windows XP. On 200 the SAP 7.20 Installation won´t run.

The .DLL is alrady in the Pakage

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

It is recommended to capture on the lowest OS. Can you try capturing on Windows 2000?

0 Kudos
doofkopf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can´t Install SAP on a Windows 2000 OS because the SAP Installer won´t let me Install SAP on a Windows 2000 OS it is not longer supportet on this SAP Version.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Please try installing VC 2005 redistributable on the Windows 2000 machine and check if this error goes away.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299.aspx

0 Kudos
doofkopf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, c++ 05 nad 08 is installed on the W2K the same error.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Thats strange. Run the ThinApp log monitor tool on the W2K machine and check for any possible errors under 'Potential errors detected' section in the log trace file.

You need to copy log_monitor.exe, logging.dll, Setup Capture.exe files from the machine where ThinApp installed (under C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware ThinApp) to the W2K machine and launch log_monitor.exe.

0 Kudos
Sukrut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

From the error line I can figure out that the module is searching for a kernel32 API -  EncounterPointer

>>>>Missing Import C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll->Kernel32.dll:EncounterPointer

But I could not find any export in kernel32.dll with name "EncounterPointer" (on windows 2000 or win XP machine)

Could you please check if the error message is correct? Specifically the import name "EncounterPointer" (is it a "EncodePointer" in original error message?)

If possible could you upload MSVCR100.dll from the package so that I can check exactly which API it is trying to import from kernel32.dll.

If you find this information useful, please mark for 'helpful' or 'correct' answer to reward points.
0 Kudos
doofkopf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I dont see error´s in the Log file from the MSVCR100.dll.

The Log Monitor never had helped me in such a Situation but thats another Story 🙂

@Sukrut: The error Massage is exactly as i written bevor.

I will Attache the dll on this thraed.

0 Kudos
Sukrut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't see any reference to API EncounterPointer in msvcr100.dll. It actually refers to EncodePointer from kernel32.dll and this API is not present in kernel32.dll from windows 2000.

It is strange that in error message it is showing EncounterPointer.

Just as an experiment, copy kernel32.dll from win XP machine to package (in %SystemSystem% folder) build the package and try to run it on windows 2000.

If you find this information useful, please mark for 'helpful' or 'correct' answer to reward points.
0 Kudos
doofkopf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Now i get :

Missing Import c:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.dll->ntdll:CsrGetProcessId

0 Kudos
Sukrut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good, at least we got new error, but we will face many such errors because there are many such APIs which are not preset in windows 2000.

This “CsrGetProcessId” API from ntdll.dll is not present in windows 2000 and we cannot copy ntdll.dll in our package. So I think there is very less chance that we can run this application on windows 2000.

0 Kudos