VMware Horizon Community
NSITPS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Removing separate data container

I am trying to work out how to edit my package so I can re build without a separate data container and without needing to re capture, if possible.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Please try the below steps:

1. Open the package.ini and look for the .dat file section under General Purpose Parameters. This section starts with [filename.dat]

2. Copy the below two lines from this section and paste them under the new file section that you want as the data container

ReadOnlyData=Package.ro.tvr
MetaDataContainerOnly=1

3. Delete the .dat file section
4. Search for the line Source=filename.dat, you will see that in many places under every file. Replace the value with the name of the new file everywhere
5. Rebuild the package by running build.bat

If there are any difficulties, please upload the package.ini and i can do this for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you trying to remove the .dat file and have the primary data continer (PDC) within one of the .EXE file? If then, yes it is possible.

What is the size of the existing .dat file? ThinApp recommends to go for .dat file for huge packages due to windows size limitation.

0 Kudos
NSITPS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Yes this is what I would like to acheive.

The .dat files range from 160MB to 260MB.

How would I do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Please try the below steps:

1. Open the package.ini and look for the .dat file section under General Purpose Parameters. This section starts with [filename.dat]

2. Copy the below two lines from this section and paste them under the new file section that you want as the data container

ReadOnlyData=Package.ro.tvr
MetaDataContainerOnly=1

3. Delete the .dat file section
4. Search for the line Source=filename.dat, you will see that in many places under every file. Replace the value with the name of the new file everywhere
5. Rebuild the package by running build.bat

If there are any difficulties, please upload the package.ini and i can do this for you.

0 Kudos
NSITPS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Kudos