VMware Horizon Community
NickOn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Relink with new build options

Is there any way to make relink with new build options?

I need to add OptimizeFor=Disk at least. Without this all the old packages become much bigger after relink.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry no.. Relink will only update the runtime, license key and licensed to info.

0 Kudos
NickOn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Too bad :smileyconfused:

Any plans on it?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not to my knowledge..

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you consider; relink is an option to updrage the ThinApp runtime in an existing package. So your package is not included in this process.

Relink does not consider about your project file and settings. Its job is to upgrade the thinApp runtime inside your PDC without the customer required to recapture/rebuild.

Now when you change some thing inside package.ini; it will only be considered in case of *rebuild*. So a relink will not act like rebuild.

0 Kudos
Theike
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I also would advise to always keep the original project (folder with package.ini and %...%-folders).

This is much more powerfull and allows you to afterwards fix issues, that require updating settings (files, isolation mode, registry, settings in package.ini). The 'bit' of extra space needed with the new versions should not be the main issue btw. Switching to 'disk'-optimalisation (=compress) does have other negative effects, like additional CPU resources needed to unpack the required files. Be carefull not to pick the option that backfires in the long run...

And besides when you package tiny apps (like CMD) a few more MB for the package is not nice, but in general with nowadays storage capacities is not the biggest issue.

Kind regards,

Michael Baars - Comprehensive ICT Solutions (NL)

Please remember to mark the question answered if so and reward points to those who helped you...

Michael Baars - Comprehensive ICT Solutions (NL, Weert) (Remember to mark the post answered and reward points to those who helped you...)
0 Kudos