VMware Horizon Community
sb1370
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Kaspersky and thinapp packages

I've build some portable apps by vmware thinapp. I tried to run them on a public computer which have Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 and 12/14/2012 database.

When I run them this message appears:

C:\USERS\USER\DESKTOP\A.EXE    Process is trying to inject into another process. This behavior is typical of some malicious programs (Invader)

What do I do?

I used Thinapp 4.7 for creating packages.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think it is just a normal behavior from a program like Kaspersky, that is it detects that a process is trying to inject a dll into another process, it would raise an alarm and won't let it run, thinking that it's a virus-like activity.

I think there is nothing much that can be done from ThinApp's side in this case, but soemthing must be possible from Kaspersky's end. I think there might be list of processes (kind of a white list) maintained by Kaspersky, and Kaspersky would allow these processes to do these kind of things, and probably you can add the ThinApped processes to that list. Hopefully that should resolve the issue.

I found another link (http://www.onkarjoshi.com/blog/121/kaspersky-ate-my-jconsole/) that talks about a setting for “Intrusion into process” under Proactive Defense settings, whose value should be changed to “Ask user” from “Quarantine”.

HTH.

0 Kudos