VMware Horizon Community
DeltaBravo783
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem Creating ThinApp of Outlook Add-In

I’m trying to create a thinapp of a software package called Egress Switch, which includes an add-in for Outlook. We have Office 2010 natively installed on our gold images, rather than trying to make thinapps of it work with our systems.

I followed the instructions here http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=200714... and the add-in works perfectly on the 32bit version of Outlook.

But I’m having no luck trying to replicate this for the 64bit version of Outlook. It refuses to build, failing at the point of creating the Outlook shortcut.

I’m guessing that this is due to the mismatch of types – Egress is only available as 32bit and the version of Office we have on most of our images is 64bit.

We are using VMWare Setup Capture v.4.7.0-519532

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

>>But I’m having no luck trying to replicate this for the 64bit version of Outlook. It refuses to build, failing at the point of creating the Outlook shortcut.

You are seeing this error becuase ThinApp doesn't create shortcuts for 64 bit executables at this time, or a more appropriate thing to say would be that you can't virtualize 64 bit apps with ThinApp. We are currently working on having 64 bit support in ThinApp and a future release will resolve this for you. So, for now you can create shortcuts only for 32 bit version.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

>>But I’m having no luck trying to replicate this for the 64bit version of Outlook. It refuses to build, failing at the point of creating the Outlook shortcut.

You are seeing this error becuase ThinApp doesn't create shortcuts for 64 bit executables at this time, or a more appropriate thing to say would be that you can't virtualize 64 bit apps with ThinApp. We are currently working on having 64 bit support in ThinApp and a future release will resolve this for you. So, for now you can create shortcuts only for 32 bit version.

Thanks.

0 Kudos