VMware Horizon Community
karockiad
Contributor
Contributor

Possible reasons for the error "Application Stopped working- Close this Program"

Hi everybody,

May i know the possible reasons for sequenced application end up with the above stated error.

I tried giving the full read write access instead of restricted access.

while launching the application it launches fine but when going to some option, it throws this error...

Some times when launching the shortcut itself this error occurs.

I have no idea how to approach this error, since i'm very new to thin app and it's concepts...

Please help me in resolving this error,

Thanks for your time and answers in advance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Cievo
Commander
Commander

You didn't provide us lots of information, but just a shoot:

Go to Package.ini file and under [BuildOptions] just insert line:

ChildProcessEnvironmentDefault=External

Rebuild package and try it.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
karockiad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ceivo,

Thanks alot for ur answers...

oops sorry... I didn't know wat and all info is needed so i just shooted out my queries.. now i have attached the package.ini.. if any more details are needed pls ask me.. am ready to provide..

I tried adding that parameter u provided.. that didn't help but..

This ini file belong to pcl view application and on launching the shortcut it launches fine..

But File > Print gives me that error.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Can you, please, attach as file output from command dir /s from your project directory?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
karockiad
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the output file.. attached..

Thanks for your interest..Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

You are welcome.

Can you, please, attach file C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Lincoln PageView\%SystemSystem%\spool\##Attributes.ini?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
karockiad
Contributor
Contributor

content of that file is :

[Isolation]

DirectoryIsolationMode=Merged

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Try to delete directory C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Lincoln PageView\%SystemSystem%\spool\ and rebuild whole package and try if application goes down when you hit Print.

0 Kudos
karockiad
Contributor
Contributor

Yes cievo, i deleted that folder and rebuilt the app, When tried to print the same error occurs.

0 Kudos
karockiad
Contributor
Contributor

Somebody help me on this pls..

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

I'm sorry I was out of office 🙂

Please, run log_monitor.exe and post us the log file. (Documentation page 127.).

Thank you,

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

>>May i know the possible reasons for sequenced application end up with the above stated error.

Its not specific to ThinApp(means not generated by ThinApp), an application typically generates such error when they have some unhandled exception after which they can not continue. They show the message and than quit. At times similar message come from OS as well; for pretty much same reason.

Now how to solve it. As asked please post your log file so that some one can take a look.

0 Kudos