VMware Horizon Community
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Packaging MapInfo Professional v10 in ThinApp

I've been trying for a few days to get this app packaged into Thin App. I always end up getting the message 'Unable to create menus/toolbars' when I launch the packaged app. This on the same VM snapshot and with the same user it was captured. The app has a couple of pre-reqs of .NET and VB runtimes, which are already on the client. Changing properties such as use the local .NET and the isolation method make no difference. Worse still, the logs and dependancy walker show no errors at all. I know it uses FlexLM, but at this stage I'm just trying to get it to work under the courtesy period first.

Has anyone sucessfully packaged this app before?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Paul,

I have download the MapInfo Professional 10 trial, packaged on Win7 32 bit using ThinApp 4.7.1

I could successfully launch the application on a clean Windows 7 32 bit without any issues.

I'm not sure whether the issue you posted is related to the license/activation.

Would you want me to share the ThinApp with you?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Paul,

What is the captured OS and deployment OS?

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 7 SP1 x86 for both. VMWare Thinapp 4.7.1

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I'm trying to download a trail version of MapInfo to check the problem. Though i get lot of results, it would be great if you can post the URL to download.

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not easy now v11 is released.

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Paul,

I have download the MapInfo Professional 10 trial, packaged on Win7 32 bit using ThinApp 4.7.1

I could successfully launch the application on a clean Windows 7 32 bit without any issues.

I'm not sure whether the issue you posted is related to the license/activation.

Would you want me to share the ThinApp with you?

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'll see if I can do the same here. Thanks for that.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Ok. Please try with 4.7.1 version.

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No good. Got the same issue as the full version. I presume you launched the app as part of the capture and set it to WriteCopy isolation mode. I clearly need a new packaging image with nothing but Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes, please launch the application during setup capture right after installing the application (before postscan). I have used Merged Isolation.

It is suggested to capture using a clean machine/VM with just ThinApp installed.

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tried different isolation modes without success. Unfortunately the most basic VM snapshot I have available at the moment includes Win7 SP1, .NET v4, 2 xml runtimes and a VC++ 2008 runtime.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I have captured on a clean Win 7 VM (no SP1). Can you try uninstalling the other applications (.NET 4, XML runtime etc) and recapture again?

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Once I created a new clean build with only Windows 7 SP1 and no updates or other software, this app packaged first time without issues. Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

However...it's not activating in a KMS environment.

0 Kudos