VMware Horizon Community
JAY4VMWARE
Contributor
Contributor

POWER PITCH application- ThinApp Issues

Hey,
Can some one help me with this issue in thinapp.
Application Name is power pitch.
I did prescan, installed the application. I opened the application  and it works fine. then I did post scan and packaged that application.
after sucessfull build I uninstalled the application locally and I opened it from the captures folder it program files\vmware.
but it gives an error.
ERROR says
"Error connection to database: check log files for details. Application exits now."
----------------------
application needs sql for installation....which will install automatically with application...
i tried both on win  xp and win 7... but i get same error...
any suggestions on this?
please share with me if you have similar error.
i think these is some issue with sql database... but am not sure//
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there an ODBC connection that gets created with this application to allow it to connect to the database? If so, does that ODBC connection get removed during uninstall? That could be the culprit, since ThinApp doesn't capture ODBC connections. You may have to create that using a custom script on the target machines before the ThinApp can be used. If you can track down the exact settings required for the database connection to work, try recreating those on your capture machine after uninstalling the original application and see if the ThinApp will work then.

Dave

0 Kudos