VMware Horizon Community
MarkJNelson77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oracle 10g with 10.2.0.5 patch thin app?

Hello,

I am working on creating a thin app for oracle 10g. I am able to create the thin app without patching it, and everything seems to be working normally, but in our situation we must apply the 10.2.0.5 patch. When I patch up the program, everything still appears to be working ok, so I go through with the postscan, which also appears to work fine until it finishes.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I receive the following warnings after the postscan:

Could not copy file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacMetaData.dat -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%Common AppData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacMetaData.dat
Could not copy file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacWmiEventData.dat -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%Common AppData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacWmiEventData.dat
Could not copy file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSStmp.log -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%Common AppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSStmp.log
Could not copy file C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacMetaData.dat -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%drive_C%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacMetaData.dat
Could not copy file C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacWmiEventData.dat -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%drive_C%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\RacWmiEventData.dat
Could not copy file C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSStmp.log -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%drive_C%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSStmp.log
Could not copy file C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows Defender\IMpService925A3ACA-C353-458A-AC8D-A7E5EB378092.lock -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%drive_C%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows Defender\IMpService925A3ACA-C353-458A-AC8D-A7E5EB378092.lock
Could not copy file C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\CacheManager\MpSfc.bin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\Oracle 10g + patch\%drive_C%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\CacheManager\MpSfc.bin

And then finally I get this at the end of the "Build Project" message:

C:\Windows\hh.exe: not a valid executable
*** Build failed ***

I can't seem to determine why the build is failing.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Mark

1. The warnings that you are seeing after Postscan are not an issue I think, they are mostly some logs which were not copied to the ThinApp project of your application (probably because access is denied as some process from the application is running and using them).

2. The error that you are seeing regarding hh.exe during the build is happening probably becuase it's a 64 bit binary (and ThinApp 4.7.3 doesn't support 64 bit binaries), in any case, please open the package.ini file in the project folder (the folder that contains the saved ThinApp project of Oracle 10g, generated due to the capture process) and look for section [hh.exe], and add "Disabled=1" under it and then try the build again by running build.bat.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Mark

1. The warnings that you are seeing after Postscan are not an issue I think, they are mostly some logs which were not copied to the ThinApp project of your application (probably because access is denied as some process from the application is running and using them).

2. The error that you are seeing regarding hh.exe during the build is happening probably becuase it's a 64 bit binary (and ThinApp 4.7.3 doesn't support 64 bit binaries), in any case, please open the package.ini file in the project folder (the folder that contains the saved ThinApp project of Oracle 10g, generated due to the capture process) and look for section [hh.exe], and add "Disabled=1" under it and then try the build again by running build.bat.

Thanks.

MarkJNelson77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much. This got the buld completed. Now to do some testing and hopefully push it out into development.

0 Kudos