VMware Horizon Community
rdoveu1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Office 2003 and 2010 working alongside each other

Hi,

If I have a thinapped version of both Office 2003 and Office 2010 streaming to a desktop how does it decide which default version to use? (i.e. when opening a Word document from explorer), so far I have found it will use Office 2010 as default but I have one user which has defaulted to using Office 2003.

Regards,

Ross

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It depends on what ThinApp you have registered. If Office 2003 is registered, system will use Office 2003.

If both Office 2003 and Office 2010 are registered, the latest one will be used by the system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It depends on what ThinApp you have registered. If Office 2003 is registered, system will use Office 2003.

If both Office 2003 and Office 2010 are registered, the latest one will be used by the system.

0 Kudos
rdoveu1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought this was probably the case but it doesn't explain how one user is still defaulting to Office 2003, this version was definately registered or streamed to the desktop before Office 2010 so Office 2010 should be the latest one. I will investigate further but just needed my initial question cleared up.

0 Kudos
rdoveu1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just re-read your reply Lakshman because I have still not resolved my issue, when you say registered what do you mean? I thought you were referring to when it was streamed, we do not use thinreg or anything, all our applications we administer with view admin and stream to desktop, Office 2003 was streamed to the desktops before Office 2010, is this what you are refering to?

Regards,

Ross

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes, right.

As Office 2010 is deployed after Office 2003, i'm not sure why the word files (.doc) still opens in Office 2003.

Is it possible to re-deploy Office 2010 for that user and check again?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Also, double check the "Filetypes=" in the package.ini of Office 2010 to make sure it includes the correct file extension (assume it is .doc)

0 Kudos