VMware Horizon Community
getut
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple Thinapps problem printing in Win7-64bit

I have quite a few of my thinapps that won't print when they are run on Windows 7 64 bit machines. They print fine when they are on Windows XP 32 bit boxes.

I capture from a clean Windows XP 32 bit virtual machine. XP SP3 and IE8 are slipstreamed in, but nothing else is added to that VM before my captures. I used Thinapp 4.7.2 for most of the captures.

My thinapps that are having trouble printing on Win7 64bit range from simple java applications to some complex captures such as Lotus Notes. I have tried deleting the spool folder from may captures and it makes no difference. The thinapp will still print to any natively installed printer in XP but not in Win7 64bit.

My Lotus Notes thinapp actually complains about a memory error when trying to print if it is running on a Win7 64bit machine.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Try to run Log Monitor when you print and let us know the result.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
xaba2800
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

I have seen print issues when Wow64 is enabled in the package.ini. Please disable it, rebuild and test the package.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

As you can see he is not even willing to give us any feedback.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
xaba2800
Contributor
Contributor

We certainly have a problem in our gold image. I'll give you a feedback as soon as the problem is solved.

0 Kudos
joebar50
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem with a Visual Basic application which use Excel to printer table... All thinapp package work well on a clean Windows XP SP3, but not on a Windows 7 64Bit. An error when printing after a timeout : Error execution 429, the activeX component cannot be create.

I have create a thinapp package for Office 2003, an other for all VB runtime needed, and link then to th principale Thinapp Package.

Bye

0 Kudos