VMware Horizon Community
unilukelow
Contributor
Contributor

MS project licensing in thinapp or View environment

We have request from business unit to have 2 copies of MS proejct 2010 Standard shared among 20 users. Only 2 users will be concurrently accessing MS project while the rest will have to wait unit the app is free up. The business owner also wants this project be made available on the users' ipad/tablet.

Now I know MS project licensing is based on per device so if i purchase 2 and ensure that only 2 users accessing it at any one time, am i in complience with the MS licensing? If not, how do i work about it?

THe MS project will be purchased under Volume licensing with SA. We don't have a view nor thinapp environment so if the MS licensing is handled correctly, then can work on how many users for the thinapp or view environment.

Any kind soul can help to answer this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ThinApp doesn't change Microsoft licensing in any way. What you explain sounds like it will not be compliant with Microsoft EULA.

unilukelow
Contributor
Contributor

so in my case i will need to purchase 20 MS project licenses even though i have only 2 concurrent users only?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You need to license it the same way as without ThinApp.

//Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
unilukelow
Contributor
Contributor

no choice then. Until Microsoft change its license mode, its still business as usual.

0 Kudos