VMware Horizon Community
cicici1234
Contributor
Contributor

MS Visual Studio 2010

Hello all, has anyone tried to thinapp MS Visual Studio 2010?  I tried to thinapp it in Windows XP SP3, it went all the way to build sucessfully.  I placed the .dat .exe and .msi to the server.  When I test run it in my VDI Windows 7 SP1 box, I get this error message:

Invalid License data.  Reinstall is required.

However, during the whole installation, it did not ask me to input license key anywhere.  So, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the KMS server.  But, our server guy said KMS does not license MS Visual Studio.  Even it does, I am not sure where can I apply my KMS server path and info in a config.xml file (kinda like in Office 2010). 

Thanks for the help!! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi

This is a issue known to the ThinApp team. The current status is that some effort has been put into resolving it, it's just that it's very complicated to implement. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future release. There is not workaround at this moment.

Thanks.

Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

To give you some more idea about it, Visual Studio's install is machine specific and it would check for some specific data when executed, now if we capture on one machine and launch on another, then this data matching fails.

Thanks.