VMware Horizon Community
kc_vmnewbie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Location of ThinApp repository

Hello,

I want to create a network share to store the ThinApps and I'm trying to locate information about the best practice for where I should put this share.  I have a small network with approximately 35 users, twenty users that use View virtual desktops.  I have a dedicated server for the connection manager and wondered if I could add a hard disk to this server and create the repository there. My other option is to deploy a new file server and create a share on that.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In such small environment can you place the repository pretty much anywhere you want.. As long as your VDI desktops have fast access to the file share (minimum 100 Mbps but 1GB preferred)..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In such small environment can you place the repository pretty much anywhere you want.. As long as your VDI desktops have fast access to the file share (minimum 100 Mbps but 1GB preferred)..

0 Kudos
kc_vmnewbie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, we have 1 GB connections.  I was concerned about possibly putting strain on the connection server, but for now, I'd rather avoid server sprawl if I can.

Kim

0 Kudos