VMware Horizon Community
Blokus
Contributor
Contributor

Launch virtualized IE6 from within another virtualized application

We have an application we need to virtualized because it depends on IE6 to run properly and we are migrating to Win7.  The virtualized application has a button in its interface that calls IE browser.  When it opens IE the toolbar has a couple of extra buttons that aren't part of a normal IE session.  I need it to call IE6 no matter what version of IE is installed on the host system.  Can anyone who has experience with this help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I think if you capture IE6 with the application (after the Prescan phase of the capture process, you can click on the "Internet Explorer..." button on the Setup Capture window, and then select the 3rd option in the list and click OK) or you can AppLink the application with a fully virtualized IE6 package, then when you click on the button in the application interface it should launch virtual IE6 and not the system installed IE8 etc. Also, you will have to do the capture on XP.

Is it an in-house application that you are trying to virtualize, do you know how exactly it is launching IE when the button is clicked (just curious!)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Blokus
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.  The application is called QA Wizard it is made by Seapine.  The function it is performing are custom and dependent on IE.  I tried virtualizing IE in the package and when I click the button to launch a browser session, it hangs and nothing happens.  I haven't tried virtualizing IE separately and applinking them together.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Sometimes, registering the ThinApp helps. You can either install the MSI or use ThinReg to do that.

0 Kudos