VMware Horizon Community
lcourson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

IE8 Crash with native install of IE11 and using pac proxy file.

This issue seems to be specific to a windows 7 with a native install of IE11 and using a proxy pac file for configuration.  From what I can gather from the logs, all the right files are getting loaded from the package.

This is happening on 32 and 64 bit machines.  The IE8 was captured per VMWare specs and the IEShims.dll fix has been applied.

I have tried the 'wow64=0' setting as well as the 'AltArchitectureShortcut=0' in the package.ini file.  Neither of these settings seem to help.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Lance

Updated the original message to match the correct issue. Message was edited by: lcourson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lcourson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So after much troubleshooting, I was able to find out that the file that was causing the issues is jsproxy.dll.  This file changed between Windows XP (which is where IE8 was captured from) and Windows 7.  There is one method missing in the XP version, InternetGetProxyInfoEx.  I only ran across this issue because we are using a pac file for our proxy assignments.  This seems to be a similar issue to the IEShims.dll fix from http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2038758.

This fix would be the same as the IEShims fix, copy the jsproxy.dll version from a windows 7 IE8 machine to the package and recompile.

Putting this out there in case anyone else runs across this issue.

Lance

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lcourson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So after much troubleshooting, I was able to find out that the file that was causing the issues is jsproxy.dll.  This file changed between Windows XP (which is where IE8 was captured from) and Windows 7.  There is one method missing in the XP version, InternetGetProxyInfoEx.  I only ran across this issue because we are using a pac file for our proxy assignments.  This seems to be a similar issue to the IEShims.dll fix from http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2038758.

This fix would be the same as the IEShims fix, copy the jsproxy.dll version from a windows 7 IE8 machine to the package and recompile.

Putting this out there in case anyone else runs across this issue.

Lance

0 Kudos