VMware Horizon Community
mahyarbarad
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

IE11 on Win10 1909 or later with thinapp 5.2.9

I have tried to capture IE11 on Win7 with IE10 and thinapp 5.2.9.  It works on win7 after build but does not start on Win10
I have managed to capture IE11 but uninstalling the feature on win10 and then do the capture by enabling the IE11 feature.  Not sure if this is the official way but I need to know the sure method of capture.  I also need to add Java 8 and flash active-x package to it.  I need a 100% guarantee method for this.  Please contact me direct if necessary and got to be done in the next 48 hours.   You support is much appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fuzzc
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

IE11 is not supported by ThinApp on Windows 10. https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2069870

If your task is to run Java and flash, you may try capturing Java and flash in a package and then add an entry point for the natively installed Internet Explorer (for Win10 it is IE 11) .

Then launch native IE from the virtual bubble  (using the newly added entry point) this will make the Java+ flash in the capture package available to IE11.

0 Kudos
mahyarbarad
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have managed to virtualise it but with varying success.  having said that,  What is the easiest method of called native IE from within the java project?    I assume I can also link the Flash capture to Java

0 Kudos
fuzzc
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The easiest way would be to add an entry in package.ini to call native IE

[IE.exe]
Source=%ProgramFilesDir%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Shortcut=<PrimaryDataCOntainerName>

Either you can capture Java along with Flash in the same package or use applink to link them. You can choose one of them based on your requirement.