VMware Horizon Community
huangj
Contributor
Contributor

How dose I use Sentinel HASP HL(USB dongles) ​​to protection ThinApp virtualization applications?

How dose I use Sentinel HASP HL(USB dongles) ​​to protection ThinApp virtualization applications?I want the virtualization applications can run on any PC. I don't know how to do that.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If there is a device driver involved you have to install that locally. A ThinApped application can make use of any device drivers locally installed. Your ThinApped application should be able to see and interact with the dongle.

0 Kudos
huangj
Contributor
Contributor

Thinks pbjork.I have install Sentinel HASP HL(Usb dongles) driver(Runtime) locally, the driver(runtime) can be found by my virtualization application in Thinapp computer,but it can't be found by my virtualization application in other computer. So I can't distribute my application.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So you are saying it works on your packaging machine but not on another machine? These other machines, do they have the driver locally installed and the dongle present as well?

0 Kudos
huangj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks pbjork. These other machines, they have the driver locally installed and the dongle present as well.The system service is installed and starting after the driver is locally installed,it is listening on one TCP port,and the driver is a kernel program. I think, the application can't find that system service, so it say:not found Runtime. Only when the application discovery that  system service,and to establish communications,and  determine whether there is a dongle.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can it be a case of the dongle being addressed using the hostname of the machine? A test you could do is to enable VirtualComputerName= in package.ini and rebuild. But a method, more likely to work, would be to recapture the application on a machine having LOCALHOST as the hostname. This way the dongle would be accesses using LOCALHOST, i.e. any machine..

0 Kudos
alate33
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Virtualization is supported by our products. We would like to work with you to understand your exact needs, and find out how we can help. Please contact us at the information below for more technical support assitance.

Phone: (800) 545- 6608

Email: support@safenet-inc.com

Thank you,

SafeNet Client Services

0 Kudos