VMware Horizon Community
OLAPMonkey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hosting ThinApp In A Browser Page

Is it possible to host the VMWare ThinApp viewer inside of a browser page?   For instance, if you had a thick client application that you wanted to show within a web portal within in portlet window...can this be done?  if so..how?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You mean the application executing embedded in the web browser much like application publishing? No, sorry. That is not a native feature of ThinApp. ThinApp will package an application. It still has to be executed centrally (using Terminal Server or Citrix) or locally on a client using client's local Windows OS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You mean the application executing embedded in the web browser much like application publishing? No, sorry. That is not a native feature of ThinApp. ThinApp will package an application. It still has to be executed centrally (using Terminal Server or Citrix) or locally on a client using client's local Windows OS.

0 Kudos
OLAPMonkey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No...I want the app to execute centrally...I just want the display of the application to be remoted to say an ActiveX viewer that is hosted in a browser.   For instance...using Remote Desktop from Microsoft, one can remote the display of an entire desktop to an Active X control that is hosted in a browser window...I'm wondering if the same can be done for just the application window only of a ThinApp.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That cannot be achieved with a ThinApp only solution am I afraid. You'll have to use either Windows Remote App or XenApp to publish the ThinApps.

0 Kudos
OLAPMonkey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hmm...seems the new AppBlast application announced at VMWorld is really what I want.  Looks like a exactly what I need if it lives up to its billing.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I do agree AppBlast would be perfect for you.. But please note it was a technical preview we demostrated.. No way telling when and if it will hit the market..

0 Kudos