VMware Horizon Community
Threonine
Contributor
Contributor

GroupWise 8 and Office document attachments

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue...  I'm working with a customer to troubleshoot an issue with a packaged instance of GroupWise 8.0.2 under ThinApp 4.6.1 with Office 2007 installed locally.  The issue is with Office document attachments.  GroupWise seems to recognize the file associations just fine (icons look good and everything) but when attempting to open a DOCX attachment for example, the Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) starts running and then closes a few seconds later and nothing else happens.  The event log shows:

Event Source:    MsiInstaller
Event ID:    1004

Description: Detection of product '{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}', feature 'WORDFiles', component '{14C433EF-EDDA-4118-9944-1C3D937640A3}' failed.  The resource 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\User Settings\Word_Core\Count' does not exist.

We're having no other issues with the locally installed Office 2007 or other types of attachments, such as PDFs.

I tried rebuilding the package with "%Local AppData%\Temp\XPgrpwise" set to Merged isolation mode, but that didn't make any difference.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you running on a 64 bit machine? One similar issue pertaining to execution on 64 bit machines was fixed in ThinApp after ThinApp 4.6.1, so one recommendation is to rebuild your app with ThinApp 4.7.

-Pankaj

0 Kudos
Threonine
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry I forgot to mention that.  This environment is actually running 32-bit Windows XP SP3.  Using the exact same OS to build and run the ThinApp packages.

0 Kudos
sysbeheer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

same problem here.

Pulling out my hairs.... If any left to get it solved...

Any luck on you're side?

regards,

André

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Please have a look at a similar thread:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/398381

0 Kudos