VMware Horizon Community
Michael0216
Contributor
Contributor

Error while opening application through ThinApp

Hi,

We have build Microsoft Word package(Isloation set to full) n redirecting the user profiles to a file server. While trying to open a microsoft word document in an assigned desktop, an icon pops up saying Windows error- Delayed write failed(It was unable to save all the data for the file ....cache, the data has lost)...

Did anyone got this issue, please help me out...

Thanks..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Michael0216 wrote:

redirecting the user profiles to a file server.

That's the same error you get when you pull a usb stick out of a machine before you're done copying a file to it. I'd bet it's an issue with the remote location.

Are you using roaming or redirected profiles? How's the remote location setup?

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
Michael0216
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the reply, we r redirecting the profiles through one of the software to the file server. We have been using both RDP n PCoIP remotely.

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It sounds like the problem is with the sandbox location. Try changing the location of the sandbox and rebuild the app.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1030224

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
Michael0216
Contributor
Contributor

thanks and one more thing, how can we edit the isolation mode to full after a pcakage is build?

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes you can change isolation mode afterwards, but it's a big pain. You have to modify the ##Attributes.ini file in every directory that you want protected. It's usually easier to just run the capture again in my opinion. This KB will explain a little further:

Verifying isolation mode usage in ThinApp

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1006991

0 Kudos