VMware Horizon Community
jseth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Error 1925 You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation...

I have created a thinapp msi of IE7 which some of our users need to use a particular web application. Upon testing the deployment, the following error appears: Error 1925: You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as administrator and then retry this installation. I have the MSIRequireElevatedPrivileges set to 0. Is there something else that I need to set to allow anyone to install this application? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Can you check by setting MSIDefaultInstallAllUsers=0? Make sure you rebuild the package using build.bat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You have to login Administrator user or give permission as a administrator your current user. Other wise you can't install the tools.

Cheers, Yours Udin

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Please see this post that explains what value need to be set for MSIDefaultInstallAllUsers along with MSIRequireElevatedPrivileges.

http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2008/10/msi-generation.html

jseth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you. I do have MSIRequireElevatedPrivileges=0 set.

When I log on as my regular user, and check in Control Panel for Install a Program from the Network, the IE7 thinapp does not appear, however, the other thinapp I have (Adobe Reader 10) is listed.

When I manually navigate to my network share where the apps are stored, and double click the IE7.msi, I get the Error 1925. When I log in as administrator, I can navigate to the network share where the apps are stored, double click my IE7.msi, and it installs, however when I try to open it, it tells me that I am not authorized to run the application (which is good, this is what is should do). When I log off, then on again as my regular user, the icon is on the desktop and works fine. I have also gone in and given the users in the IE7 AD Group full permissions to the file, but still get the error. Not sure what I am missing.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

What is the value of MSIDefaultInstallAllUsers? Do you have any group policies set?

0 Kudos
jseth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

MSIDefaultInstallAllUsers is set to 1. I tried setting it to 2, but that did not resolve the issue either. I created the package on a Win XP VM, I wonder if this has something to do with the way that I created the package? We don't have any group policies set, we are just getting into using Active Directory et al, previously we were a Novell/e-Directory network and are in the process of migrating everything over to Microsoft, so we're just starting out. Thanks for your help.

I followed these instructions to create the package: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102667...

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Can you check by setting MSIDefaultInstallAllUsers=0? Make sure you rebuild the package using build.bat

0 Kudos
jseth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I set the AllUses to 0 and the ElevatePrivileges to 0, and now the regular user is able to install IE7, so that is good. However, now when the user logs in, neither my Adobe Reader nor the IE7 are being automatically installed. I'm going back and forth with trying a logon script .bat and a .vbs logon script as I've found a few posted and trying to get that right. I'm not getting any errors, and the Adobe Reader appears under Install a Program from the Network, but it's not installing (unless you manually double click it). The Deployment tab is set to Assign, and Install this application at logon, so I'm a little stumped there. The IE7 is doing nothing. If I navigate to it on the network share, I can double click it and it will successfully install logged in as the regular user... but it overwrites the previously installed IE8 icon with it's own IE7 icon (and does go to the home page that I had set it to), so it's half working. I need to make it not overwrite the previously installed IE8 and get it a new (different) icon. I've got some work to do! If you have any suggestions, I'd be so happy to receive them! Thank you very much.

I've corrected a mistake which was keeping Adobe Reader from installing, and it does install automatically now, so onward to figuring out my IE7 mystery. Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Not able to figure out what is going on that is causing the issue.

Regarding IE 7 ThinApp overwriting IE 8 icon, please do these steps in IE 7 ThinApp:

1. Open Package.ini, go to the entry point section [Internet Explorer.exe]

2. Rename [Internet Explorer.exe] to [Internet Explorer 7.exe]

3. Change 'Shortcut=Internet Explorer.exe' to Shortcut=Internet Explorer 7.exe.

4. Change all the references to [Internet Explorer.exe] in the package.ini to the new name [Internet Explorer 7.exe]

Make sure you rebuild the ThinApp by running build.bat

jseth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you again! You have made my life so much easier today. Your instructions worked very well. So well, in fact, that for some reason, my IE7 is now auto-installing with its new icon upon logon. Thank you again so very much! Many blessings to you.

0 Kudos