VMware Horizon Community
zachfortna
Contributor
Contributor

Edit Registry Keys After Build

I thinapp'd MS Outlook 2010 and got it up and running.  During testing, I found that I needed to add a registry key to make attachments work properly.  I editted the HKEY_CURRENT_USER.txt file in the program's sandbox to add, the key and rebuilt the package.  I also enabled regedit.exe in the so that I could look at the registry within the sandbox.  After I rebuilt the package, i copied the bin directory out to the network share that hosts all of my thinapp'd programs and tested.  The problem remained so I ran the regedit.exe that was enabled, and the key i was trying to change did not change.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As long as you edited the registry text file correctly it should work. What you may want to give a try is to make sure you delete any old Sandboxes prior to your test run.

0 Kudos
zachfortna
Contributor
Contributor

How do i go about removing any old sandboxes?  Is that an option in the Package.ini?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Sandbox is a folder located somewhere (customizable) where the end-user's runtime changes and settings are stored. By default you’ll find it in the roaming profile of the user in a folder called Thinstall.

Find it the easiest way by: click Start – Run and type %AppData% and open the Thinstall folder. Here you’ll find the Sandbox of your package. The name the Sandbox uses depends on settings in the package.ini.

When you have found the Sandbox simply delete it..

0 Kudos