VMware Horizon Community
tbert123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Copy files from thinapp stream

Is it possible to copy files from a thinapp stream to a local file system?  If so, what's the best way to do this?  Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I have written a vb script for you that copies 'FolderA' from %programfilesdir% to C:\. This script will be called when the ThinApp is launched for the first time.

Download the attached script and change the folder name to appropriate name and copy it to the project folder (where the package.ini resides). Now rebulild the ThinApp by running build.bat and run.

You should see the %programfilesdir%\FolderA is now copied to C:\

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi tbert123

What do you exactly mean when you say "Is it possible to copy files from a thinapp stream to a local file system"? Can you please give some example? Are you saying that you want to save files on the system (e.g. you created a file lets say in ThinApped Word 2010 and then want to save it on the system) or you mean something else.

Thanks & regards

Pankaj

0 Kudos
tbert123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have a folder (with files) that I would like to copy from within the stream to the local system (example: c: drive) when the stream launches.  So, FolderA (which existed in the stream) would be copied to C:\program files\FolderA.

Example:  Copy %programfilesdir%\FolderA C:\program files\FolderA

Hope that makes since.  Let me know if you need more info.

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

1. Let's say you have a folder A in %drive_c%, and you want it to be copied to C:\Program Files on the system (and not in the Sandbox), then for this you need to make the isolation mode for %ProgramFilesDir% (in the ThinApp project of your application) to Merged (from WriteCopy) in the attributes.ini file in the %ProgramFilesDir% folder, then rebuild the package.

2. Now, when you launch lets say, the virtual command prompt from your package, and issue the command for copying the folder from %drive_c% to C:\Program Files, then it would get copied to the system location. (In the command you need to mention C:\FolderA and not %drive_c%\FolderA).

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks.

Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I have written a vb script for you that copies 'FolderA' from %programfilesdir% to C:\. This script will be called when the ThinApp is launched for the first time.

Download the attached script and change the folder name to appropriate name and copy it to the project folder (where the package.ini resides). Now rebulild the ThinApp by running build.bat and run.

You should see the %programfilesdir%\FolderA is now copied to C:\

0 Kudos