VMware Horizon Community
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

Confusion over entry points

I'm sure this is going to sound simple, but I am scratching my head over including regedit or cmd as an entry point in the thinapp package. I have read a number of discussions in which someone suggests looking into the virtual registry or cmd line. However, whenever I include these as entry points at build time, when I click on them I get the host's registry or cmd line. Not sure what I am doing incorrectly here.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NickOn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

And what did You expected to get. When You include those entry points you are getting the cmd and regedit, whish runs in the virtual system. So with these tools You can see the files and registry entries which exist only for your package.

If You pack the program with such structure:

-Program Files

_L AppName

___L Folder1

_____L ...

___L Folder2

_____L ...

______...

so on the machine where "AppName" is not installed system CMD won't see these folders in Program Files dir, but the entry point CMD of your package can do it.

The same story about registry.

Earlieas videos off Thinstall were containing some of subscribed tricks, but now I don't see those videos.

0 Kudos
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry, but that is my entire point:

"When You include those entry points you are getting the cmd and regedit, whish runs in the virtual system. So with these tools You can see the files and registry entries which exist only for your package." -

When I click on the regedit or cmd entry point I INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE, it is opening the host system's command line or registry, NOT the virtual package's. What I am trying to figure out is the WHY.

0 Kudos
NickOn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why do You think that You get the standart system CMD?

Try to run CMD point (the main package must be beside of it) on the machine, where your application is not installed.

Then in CMD window: CD "_path-to-program-files_"

Then: DIR

After that you should see your application folder, but standard CMD can't see it.

If not then you've made something wrong.

0 Kudos