VMware Horizon Community
supplyanswer
Contributor
Contributor

Close the Program error

Hi Friends,

Lincoln pageview 3.5 application did any one sequenced this application???.. Sequencing is successful but the print function in the application is not working and throwing the error message as" Close the program" please refer the attached error screenshot. Close the program error is coming for most of the application in windows 7 when captured using thinapp 4.5 .. Please any one help me it is quite urgent.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Guess this is due to the printer drivers that cannot be virtualized by ThinApp.

Can you try installing the drivers locally and check?

0 Kudos
supplyanswer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lakshman,

Thanks a lot for the info. This is not installing any driver application it is using the printer functionality that is available in the system. Got the answer WOW64=0 should be commented in package.ini. If we comment that the print function is working fine.

0 Kudos
VIrtuallyJason
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding wow64=0 and printing, I've seen similar issues with Microsoft Office 2010.  Unfortunately, there are some stability issues with Office 2010 if wow64=0 is commented out.  As far as I can tell, printing with vs. without that parameter proceeds similarly until the working one accesses C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winspool.drv, which the non-working version never does.  Unfortunately, I do not know where it is pulling that path from (or, importantly, where it is looking when wow64=0 is not commented out) or why it is failing to make that call.  Does anyone have any ides about why the wow64=0 parameter might cause printing failures on 64 bit Windows 7?

0 Kudos