VMware Horizon Community
serbo
Contributor
Contributor

Changing name off Shortcut

Hi,

I've searched high and low on changes I can make to the package.ini to allow me to change the name of the ThinApp when it is streamed to a VDI Desktop.

So after I build my app it builds fine with the usual files (exe, msi and dat). The app works fine on our VDI Desktops but the users complain about the name!!!!!

So is it possible to change the name of the exe without having to capture the app again?

Cheers

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Does it work for you if you just change the name of primary data container or shortcut executable in the package.ini and rebuild? For example,

[App.exe]

ReadOnlyData=Package.ro.tvr
[ShortcutApp.exe]
Shortcut=App.exe
To:

[App1.exe]

ReadOnlyData=Package.ro.tvr
[ShortcutApp1.exe]
Shortcut=App1.exe
Then you will get App1.exe and ShortcutApp1.exe.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Serbo,

Are you referring to the name of the shortcut or the name of the EXE?

0 Kudos
serbo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your correspondence. I am now out of the office returning on the 8th February. I will reply, if required, as soon as possible on my return.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
buijspa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Lakshman, Hi guys,

I would like to change the name of the shortcut placed on the desktop during the thinreg process.

I tried to modify the name of the shortcut file on the project (something like %Common Desktop%\myapp.lnk) and rebuild it but without success.

Should I modify something on the package.ini file ?

Thanks for your help!

buijspa

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Buijspa,

You have to modify the name of the exe in the package.ini.

For example, to change Firefox shortcut from 'Mozilla Firefox' to 'Mozilla', look for [Mozilla Firefox.exe] in the package.ini and change it to [Mozilla.exe]

0 Kudos
buijspa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Lakshman,

it's working !

Thanks again !

Buijspa

0 Kudos