VMware Horizon Community
mrtharp313
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Browser Based ThinApp (w/ specific Java) ThinApp'd with IE9 fails if IE10 installed.

I used these instructions on how to make my ThinApp:

Step by Step Instructions on How to ThinApp Newer Java Versions | VMware ThinApp Blog - VMware Blogs

Everything worked fine.  This ThinApp needed an older version of Java (1.6 update 18), specific security settings in the IE9 Browser, and certificates imported to the Browser and Java.  The users have either IE8 or IE9 installed on their local Win7 x64 workstation.  Java 1.6u18 is NOT installed on the user’s computer.  Only in the ThinApp.

I now have a company system requirement to move all users to IE10.  The ThinApp never loads once IE10 is installed.  It never starts Java and will eventually time out.  I've tried configuring the browser with some of the security settings and have installed the needed Java on the local set. Java 1.7u52 is installed which also seems to kill all Java 1.6 and below versions.  Uninstalling IE10 allows the ThinApp to work.  The ThinApp works with IE8 and IE9 installed locally (I have not tried any other versions).

Has anyone else tried this with different results?  I am not trying to ThinApp IE.  The purpose of the ThinApp was due to the overwhelming number of browser and java settings that needed to allow this app work and a user community that is spread around the world.

I'm thinking IE10 is a pre-version killer just like Java 1.7 is.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
virtualsaj
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've experienced similar issues and this worked for me:

VMware KB: Virtualized Internet Explorer 8.0 captured on an operating system version earlier than Wi...

Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue. Thanks and have a great day!

0 Kudos