VMware Horizon Community
jfields687
Contributor
Contributor

AutoCAD 2012/2013 error

Hello,

I have been testing builds with AutoCAD 2012 and 2013. The build was successful with no errors, but when I load it on any computer or VM I get this error every time. I built this under Windows XP SP3 completely clean and it runs just fine on the same VM I built it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

acad2013 error.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Could be a problem with too long path, try to minimize the filepath when installing.

Does this file exist? Open a explorer inside the thinapp bubble and try to browse to it.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jfields687
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I took a look and thinapp captures everything under the %appdata%. I noticed that the file it is looking for does not exist but that error does not happen on the original build machine when I run the autocad thinapp nor on any other XP vm. I did try building it under Windows 7, but I still get that error.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you have to support both WinXP and Win7 clients? Try capture using Win7 and see if you get any changed behavior.

0 Kudos
jfields687
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently building a Win7 32 bit machine to do that since the 64 bit failed terribly. I will update as soon as I can.

Edit: Ok I made the thinapp on Win7 32bit. I ran it on Win7 64(which is what all of our labs run on) and it worked, but it was a little slow coming up. I will work on it more to see if I can improve the performance when it is loading up. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos