VMware Horizon Community
Hojjat
Contributor
Contributor

Application Virtualization with ThinApp in VMware View

Hi everyone,

I want to implement an app virtualization with VMware View and Thinapp.

I have installed VMware View and Thinapp and publish an application to one desktop. Now user can connect to this desktop

and run virtualized application.

But I dont want this. I want that when user login to View Client he can see only list of  virtualized applications not the desktop.

Similar to Citrix XenApp he must only view applications and he can select one of them and run it from server.

How can I implement it with VMware View and Thinapp ? Can I?

Thanks to all,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Then you should not use VDI. In Horizon 6 we support published applications from a RDS Host. That will like you requested only show the apps and not desktop.

sWORDs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Horizon (with View): Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Features | United States

Edit: This was posted a few seconds after Peter's reply, didn't see that when posting this link.

Edit2: Hmm, the time updates when you edit the post.

Message was edited by: Hilko Lantinga

0 Kudos
Hojjat
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying,

I have VMware Horizon View 5.2. Does it have RDS host feature or not?

Regards,

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry no.. RDS published apps was first introduced in Horizon 6 (which is View 6).

0 Kudos
vmEck
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Also suggest taking a look at Horizon Workspace. Workspace will give you the portal functionality and provide a way to have multiple types of apps & desktops displayed to the user based on permissions. The latest version, 6, support App Remoting which is most similar to XenApp.

0 Kudos