VMware Horizon Community
armaniseal
Contributor
Contributor

Application Plug-ins Integration and ThinApp

I recently had two issues, one of which was answered on my own looking online but second i can't seem to find any info on:

1. File Asoociation - This i figured out and found out about ThinReg.exe
  2. Plug-ins - This is one i am having issues with

Is there a way to get plug-ins working with ThinApp.  What i mean is, i packaged Adobe X and it works great. If i run PDFs they launch in ThinApp version now that i used ThinReg.exe.  However, if i open outlook i don't see any plug-ins for Adobe which would normaly be there if i installed it localy.  Thus i can't create PDFs straight from outlook into PDF portfolios.  If there a way to get the plug-ins in other apps to show and call upon the virtual adobe?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Does Office natively installed or ThinApp'd?

0 Kudos
armaniseal
Contributor
Contributor

Office is installed localy.  However its a very good question and if it matters i would like to know answer for both scenarios!

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Please have a look at this blog explaining 'Send as Email' from Visio ThinApp:

http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2011/12/enabling-send-as-email-attachment-in-thinapp-packages-when-o...

You may try following similar steps for Adobe Reader ThinApp as well.

0 Kudos
armaniseal
Contributor
Contributor

That's a great article only i am not sure it applies.  That article is about calling outlook from within ThinApp packaged Visio (appliciation). I need outlook (not applications that's thinapped) to call adobe (thinapped application). Process is reversed.  For that to happen i have to see the plugins and tab created by adobe inside outlook when you install it on same machine as outlook normaly.

The direction of article is oposite. Do you still think it applies though?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Guess i misunderstood, sorry for that.

If the Office 2010 is a ThinApp, it is easy to make two ThinApp applications to talk to each other either by Applinking Adobe and Office or packaging them together. On the other hand, it is difficult to make a native application to talk with ThinApp, as the ThinApp will be running as a virtual bubble.

0 Kudos
armaniseal
Contributor
Contributor

How do you applink them? I will try that by virtulizing the outlook. Is there a KB or guide for that portion that you could refer me to?

Thanks

sent from Blackberry

Please excuse brevity, punctuation and spelling.

Armin Tucakovic

Lead Consultant

Office phone 647.426.1004 x224

Office fax 647.426.1007

www.triella.com

We facilitate technology transformations that drive & support business success.

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information and any rights to confidentiality and/or privilege have not been waived. Please notify us immediately if you have received this message in error.

0 Kudos