VMware Horizon Community
jaenkj1
Contributor
Contributor

AppSync with ThinReg does not register if orginal app deployed using ThinApp msi

VMware-ThinApp-Enterprise-4.6.1

I create the orginal ThinApp package (exe, dat, and msi) with the updated package.ini to turn on appsync.

Using the msi the app registers and I get a desktop shortcut and the app is displayed in programs and features.

When I place the updated dat,exe, and thinreg on the network share appsync is pointed to, the application updates but don't register. I don't get the new shortcut or entry in programs and features.

If I start over and use thinreg to register the orginal ThinApp exe (instead of using the ThinApp msi) and then place the updated dat,exe, and thinreg on the network share appsync is pointed. to, when I run the app it updates, the shortcut is updated, and programs and features is updated.

Why doesn't this work is I use the ThinApp msi to register the app???

There is an older thread on this without an resolution.

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1986488

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you please try your steps with ThinApp 4.7 and let me know how it goes? If it still doesn't work, I will take a look at it.

-Pankaj

0 Kudos
Python201110141
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

There is an existing internal issue opened for the same. Will let you know when it get's fixed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos