VMware Horizon Community
MarkJP
Contributor
Contributor

App has a Word Toolbar

We have some software called EndNote and it installs some software but also a toolbar into word.

If I thinapp this the toolbar does not carry over.

Any suggestions as I'm all out of ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NickOn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can do it if only you will use your app as applink-plugin for office.

Something like:

Office

--Word.exe

--Excel.exe

--Plugins

-

Your_App.exe

0 Kudos
MartinGagnon
Contributor
Contributor

Hello MarkJP,

Did you find a solution for this situation?

I have a similar one.  I have ThinApped MS Office 2003 and I have another ThinApped application.  The other one called MultiTrans when installed in an ordinary manner copies one of its .dot files under a Startup folder of Office/Word so that when Word starts, it launches the .dot file so that the app is added in the Word tool bar.

So for this, I would need to get the .dot file from the MultiTrans package to be copied within the Office package.

So if you have suceeded, any help would be appreciated.

you can refer to my post at http://communities.vmware.com/thread/297102?tstart=0

Thank you

0 Kudos
lololo123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, no one has a solution when office and installed natively?

Because I really tried everything to enable the plug-in world 😞

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Can you post the steps you have tried please? Are you trying to package office and the plugin together?

0 Kudos
lololo123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

thanks for your help.

I do not want to virtualize Office 2007.

But I advanced a little .. everything works except Menu Integration "EndNote" in Word.

It's a dll "EndNote Cwyw.dll" in common files to be stored in the system and not bubble.

I tried to use: ExternalDLLs=EndNote Cwyw.dll, but that not work.

Can you explain how ExternalDlls works??? Because I don't know whether to move the dll to the root or put the path or .... ????

With all my tests I have never successfully recorded in the windows 😞

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad English!

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Not sure if this is achievable without virtualizing Office.The DLL that integrates EndNote with Word will always reside in the virtual bubble (ThinApp). You may try using VB script to copy the DLL from the ThinApp to the physical machine.

Please look here for ExternalDLLs and its usage:

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/thinapp47_packageini_reference.pdf

0 Kudos
nrj2
Contributor
Contributor

@lololo123,

If you need thinapped application to see the dll that is copied on the system, verify the isolation mode for the folder in the project where the dll resides is set to merged or writecopy.

As far as ExternalDlls is concerned, its an over-ride we use to load dlls using the window's native loader.

In general, (there are exceptions to this rule, such as side by side dlls etc.)

If a dll is part of the package, it will be loaded by the thinapp runtime, all dlls residing in the system will be loaded externally.

-Neeraj

0 Kudos