VMware Horizon Community
sfeldin
Contributor
Contributor

Adobe reader X and Outlook 2010 profile problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with integration of ThinApp-ed Adobe Reader and Outlook 2010. If I try to send pdf document via adobe reader I get error No Outllok profile can be found. I have linked Adobe Reader and Outlook via OptionalAppLinks in package.ini.

ThinApp version is 4.7.3. Isolation mode is default merged, file system and registry.

Any ideas how could get AR to retrieve outlook profile info?

Thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Simon,

Can you confirm whether Outlook 2010 is a ThinApp or native application?

0 Kudos
sfeldin
Contributor
Contributor

Outlook is not a native apllication. Both are seperate Thinapped packages delivered to VMware View desktop.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

What is the path you have mentioned in the package.ini for OptionalAppLinks?

Could you check whether the applink is working correctly?

0 Kudos
sfeldin
Contributor
Contributor

It is a UNC path to the Outlook 2010.dat file. I guess the applink is working since it tries to launch Outlook but it errors out.

Is any other way to check if applink is working?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Could you try registering both the ThinApp manually (not using AppLink) and check if the issue still occurs please.

0 Kudos
sfeldin
Contributor
Contributor

Tested the behaviour of apps and find out that if I dont have Outlook started the attach to email work as it should.

If I have outlook running then it fails.

What you mean with to register them manually?

0 Kudos
sfeldin
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have seen that blog post. Will try those setting and see the outcome. Didnt try this because I dont have natively installed Outlook.

0 Kudos
sfeldin
Contributor
Contributor

Followed the instructions in the link but with no success. I get error thet email program cant be launched.

For test I installed Outllok and Adobe reader in one single ThinApp package and then it works.

If I have seperate ThinApp packages then if I have Outlook closed it launches new mail windows. If Outlook is running I get error.

0 Kudos