VMware Horizon Community
Ricky76
Contributor
Contributor

Acrobat Writer with Thinapp

Hi!

I would like to know if someone have succes to Thinapp Acrobat Writer Standard or Pro version 9?

Thank!

Eric Boutin

Direction des Ressources Informationnelles

Ville de Longueuil

350 Curé Poirier Ouest

Longueuil, Québec, J4J 2G7

Tél.: (450) 463-7100 #2276

Fax.: (450) 463-7209

Courriel: eric.boutin@ville.longueuil.qc.ca

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Theike
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Acrobat reader/standard/pro (any version) can be virtualised without much trouble.

There are just some items to know:

- The printer driver (PDF printer) will not work, as it would have to be integrated in the system.

- The integration in office etc. will not work, as it requires the printer driver

- Remember to activate the product (start the application at least once to complete the 'hello' and activation process).

- Remember to deactivate the auto-update!

I tried to install the printer driver natively, and capture the rest. The printer driver however requires acrobat standard/pro to be installed on the system for the rendering, so what will be the big gain of having it virtual.

So best practice: capture the app, leave out the printer driver/integration features in office etc. and start the app to activate the app and do common settings before post capture.

Kind regards,

Michael Baars - CIS-Group

(Remember to mark the post answered and reward points to those who helped you...)

Michael Baars - Comprehensive ICT Solutions (NL, Weert) (Remember to mark the post answered and reward points to those who helped you...)
Ricky76
Contributor
Contributor

I decided to install Acrobat Writer with the help of Adobe Customization Wizard. 

0 Kudos